Oral arguments for our case before the 9th Circuit Appeals Court were held on February 1, 2021. Because of COVID, the oral arguments were virtual, and we could listen in. You can watch the recording here.
We cannot predict when we will hear a decision, but we expect to have to wait several months.
Below is a recent timeline of events related to the case:
- Feds opening brief (filed June 15, 2020)
- Hudbay opening brief (filed June 22, 2020)
- Amicus briefs supporting Rosemont/Feds (filed June 29, 2020)
- Our answering brief (along with Tribes’) (filed September 11, 2020)
- Amicus briefs supporting our position (filed September 18, 2020)
- Feds optional reply brief (filed November 13, 2020)
- Hudbay optional reply brief (filed November 18, 2020)
- Oral arguments – held on February 1, 2021